At Aurochemicals, we are committed to meeting the needs of an ever-changing world and to minimize the effects of global warming. With this commitment, we have designed and implemented a 5-R Model and Zero-Waste Model to continue our efforts to go green.
The 5-R Model
The 5-R Model identifies key tasks to improve our green footprint and categorizes them into simple components: recycle, reduce, redesign, reuse, and re-earth.
- Fiberboard and cardboard boxes that are compostable are recycled
- Garbage containers for recyclables are made available at numerous locations throughout our facility with scheduled pick-ups on a weekly basis
- Documents are shared via email rather than in-person to minimize paper use
- Use of sky lights and windows in the warehouse reduces energy consumption to illuminate facilities
- Use of natural sky lights and windows reduces the amount of light needed
- Conversion from oil to propane gas fuel improves heating efficiency by 10% and switching to electric fork lifts rather than fuel reduces energy costs and eliminates our carbon footprint
- Water retention system allows collected rainwater and drainage to re-enter the ground and be used as drinking water
- Facility to re-process off-specification materials and conserve on waste disposal program
- Re-evaluation of material to extend shelf life and maximize utilization
- Repairing damaged pallets that serve a functional purpose and limiting the amount of sustainable products wasted
The Zero Waste Model
As part of our green energy philosophy, we are committed to implementing ways to reduce waste, conserve materials, and reduce harmful emissions. Aurochemicals’ Zero Waste Model encourages the responsible production, consumption, and recycling of all company materials. This initiative prevents materials from being sent to landfills, burned or thrown in natural bodies of water.
- We utilize in-house scrubbers to cleanse and filter the air, ensuring air quality meets required standards
- We utilize paper and wood products that are sustainably produced
- We minimize the amount of landfill disposal costs
- We installed a new water retention system to reduce the impact of flooding and erosion that can be caused by excess runoff, limiting the adverse effects to the surrounding land at our headquarters